Chocolate Chip Caramel Surprises
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 6 chocolate caramel bars, broken into squares
Preheat oven to 350
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 1 minute. Add sugars and beat until fluffy about 2 minutes.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time until blended.
4. Beat in vanilla.
5. Add flour, beat on low speed or stire until moistened.
6. Stir in chocolate chips. refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
7. Scoop a generous tablespoon od dough. Using lightly oiled hands, flatten into a disc. Place a chocolate caramel square on top, bring ip sides of dough to cover it, then quickly re-roll. Place on prepared baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart.
8. Bake abot 12 minutes ot unti light golden. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes in pan on rack.