- 1 large artichoke boiled
- 2 large tomatoes - (abt 3/4 lb) cut thick pieces
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded, and sliced into rings
- 1 large sweet onion cut thin wedges
- 8 ounces sheep's milk feta cheese drained, crumbled
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil or to taste
- Crusty whole-wheat bread as accompaniment
Decoratively line the outer rim of a large bowl with the artichoke leaves. Remove and discard the hairy choke in the center. Thinly slice the heart.
In a large bowl, combine the artichoke heart, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and onions, and toss to combine. Crumble the cheese over the vegetables and add the olives. Sprinkle with the oregano, parsley, and lemon juice, and drizzle with the oil, to taste. Serve immediately with bread for dipping.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.