My husband loves meatloaf, but I haven't been successful making one. My mother-in-law is a great cook and she passed this recipe on to my husband recently. We cooked it and it turned out really yummy!
- 1 lb. Ground Chuck
- 1/4 lb. Ground Sausage
- 1/4 Sweet Onion (diced)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/4 c. Ketchup (I made my own - refer to Homemade Ketchup recipe)
- 6 Saltine Crackers (crumbled)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder to season meat
- 1 Slice of Bacon
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
1) Mix Ground Chuck and Sausage and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2) Add the next 3 ingredients and mix with meat.
3) Wisk eggs and milk until eggs are beaten.
4) Then add cracker crumbs to the meat, pour in egg mixture and make into a loaf.
5) Pour some ketchup on top and top with a slice of bacon.
6) Put in a 2-lb. Loaf Pan and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.