Instead of the regular carne asada, marinate some dark meat chicken overnight
- 2 pounds thigh meat
- 1 teaspoon cholua chipotle hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Trim chicken thighs thoroughly then cube the meat.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients in large bowl and whisk thoroughly.
3. Pour 3/4 marinade and cubed chicken in zip lock bag and marinate 6 - 12 hours. Leave remaining marinade in the bowl covered to saute and use for cooked meal.
4. Skewer chicken pieces and grill on medium heat 3 - 5 minutes on each side.
5. Serve grilled chicken pieces on spanish rice pilaf.