- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, ends trimmed, chopped
- 750 g lean beef mince
- 55 g (1/4 cup) tomato paste
- 5 large egg tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tbs McCormick Fresh Chopped Taste & Aroma Basil
- 1 tbs McCormick Garlic Plus Seasoning
- Olive oil, extra, to grease
- 1 x 375g pkt fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- 500 ml (2 cups) passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 40 g butter
- 40 g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 400 ml milk
Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Add the beef and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until changed colour. Stir in the tomato paste, tomato, McCormick Fresh Chopped Taste & Aroma Basil and McCormick Garlic Plus Seasoning. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring, for 15 minutes.
Brush six 400ml ovenproof dishes with extra oil to lightly grease. Cut each lasagne sheet in half crossways. Place 50g (1/4 cup) beef mixture along one long side. Roll up to enclose filling. Place in a prepared dish. Repeat with remaining pasta sheets and beef mixture. Spoon the passata over each pasta dish.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens.
Pour the sauce over the passata and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Garnish with McCormick Fresh Chopped Taste and Aroma Basil to serve.