- Bake a deep dish Pet Ritz pie crust according to pkg. directions. Let cool.
- Ingredients: (Bacon/veggie) (You can put pretty much any kind of veggie you like. I put mushrooms, green onions, green and red pepper)
- 6 slices lean bacon cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 t. salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- 3/4 c. grated or finely shredded Swiss cheese or Swiss and freshly grated, finely shredded Parmesan cheese combined.
- 2 T. butter, cut in tiny pieces (optional)
1. Brown bacon, drain; sauté veggies—not too long—in a little olive oil or butter; set aside
2. Beat the eggs with the cream and seasonings with wire whisk or rotary beater
3. Stir in the grated cheese.
4. I also sprinkle a bit of cheese on the bottom of the pie crust after it’s prebaked, a bit more in the middle, and some on top.
5. Scatter the bacon over the bit of cheese on the bottom of the pie crust, sprinkle some more cheese over the bacon and gently ladle the egg-cheese combination into the shell—be careful not to overfill. (With 1/8 inch of top edge) Top with a few sprinkles of cheese.
6. Bake for approx. 25 minutes at 375. I usually put aluminum foil on the edges of the pie crust to keep it from getting too brown.
7. Slip a knife into the center of the quiche to check for doneness—it should come out clean.
You may freeze if you wish.
Ingredients: (Spinach/crab/veggie or spinach/veggie quiche)
Follow same directions as above except put sautéed spinach (in olive oil) in bottom of pie shell and add crab and any veggies you want to filling. The crab is a minced crab.