Ham and Cheese Squares
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Colby and Monterey jack cheese (shredded and divided)
- 1 package of frozen toaster hash brown patties (thawed)
- 8 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 8 ounces thick sliced deli ham (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup green onions with tops (divided)
- 3 plum tomatoes (sliced in half lengthwise and remove seeds and dice)
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven 450. Spray a pan lightly with vegetable oil spray.
Crumble hash browns over bar pan and press gently into an even layer.
Sprinkle half the cheese over hash browns. Bake at 450 for 13-15 mins. until crust start to brown and cheese is melted.
Whisk softened cream cheese until smooth, gradually add eggs and black pepper.
Saute the ham and ¾ cups of green onion over medium heat until hot. Stir ham mixture into egg mixture.
When hash browns are brown remove from oven and pour egg mixture over crust. Return to oven and cook 6-8 mins. or until center is set. Remove form oven: top with remaining cheese, tomatoes and reserved green onion. Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired. Cut into squares and serve.