Waffle Iron Reuben Sandwich
- 4 slices rye bread
- Emeril's Russian Dressing (see recipe)
- 8 ounces thinly-sliced Swiss cheese
- 8 ounces sliced baked ham
- 8 ounces sliced corned beef
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sauerkraut as accompaniment
Preheat a waffle iron.
Place 2 slices of the bread on a flat work surface. Spread one side of each slice with the Russian Dressing. On 1 slice of bread, stack half of the cheese, ham, and corned beef in layers. Top with the other slice of bread, dressing-side down, and push together to form a sandwich.
Spread softened butter on both sides of the sandwich and place in the hot waffle iron. Cook until the sandwich is golden brown on the outside and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and cut into quarters. Serve immediately with the sauerkraut, and repeat with the remaining sandwich.
This recipe yields 2 sandwiches.