Leftover Bean and Rice Veggie Burgers
A great vegetarian burger using your leftover beans
- 5 cups cooked bean soup, of any kind, drained
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 2 T sunflower seeds (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 T dijon mustard
- 2 cubes crumbed vegetarian bouillon cubes
- 2 t of your favorite hamburger seasoning
Adapted from rtheyallyours.blogspot.com
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Form into patties, then place on a hot griddle until browned. Flip and brown the other side.
3. Top with cheese, avocado, spinach and condiments.