Whole Grain Rotini with Fresh Vegetables
- 1 box Whole Grain Rotini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced on a bias
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 leaves basil, torn
Preparation time 20mins
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In large skillet, heat olive oil and saute onion for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Using the side of a knife, gently press and peel the garlic. Add to the skillet and cook for one minute.
Add bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash and asparagus and saute for 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes; season with salt and pepper and saute for two additional minutes. Remove garlic from the skillet.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta and toss with the sauce and basil, then serve.