- 2 bottles chilled dry red wine (Beaujolais)
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup superfine granulated sugar
- 2 oranges cut thin rounds
- 1 lemon cut thin rounds
- 1 lime cut thin rounds
- 2 apples cored, and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 2 pears cored, and cut into 1/2" chunks
- 2 cups cold lemon-lime flavored or club soda
- Ice as needed
In a large pot or bowl, combine the wine, brandy, orange juice, and sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
Add the orange, lemon, and lime slices, the apples, and pears, and refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
Remove from the refrigerator and add the soda. Serve in glasses over ice.
This recipe yields 6 servings.