Parmesan Herb Popovers
- 1 cup (8 oz) whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (5 ounces) unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped herbs: rosemary, thyme or sage (preferably fresh, but dried will also work)
- Read more at http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/baked-goods-savory/parmesan-herb-popovers/#IhXpo2t9l8K7Yoxh.99
Preheat oven to 450ºF and position an oven rack in the center. Lightly coat the muffin pan with melted butter or high-heat canola-oil spray. Once the oven is fully heated, heat the prepared muffin pan in the oven for about 7 minutes.
In medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, flour and salt until well blended. Then add the herbs and cheese, blend well.
Using a spatula, scrape the batter into a measuring cup. Remove the pan from the oven and pour the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Return the pan to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Then turn the oven down to 400ºF and continue baking the popovers until they are puffed and deep golden brown color.
Remove from oven and cool pan on rack for a few minutes. Remove popovers from pan and serve hot.