Get all the flavors of authentic tamales without all the fuss in this quick and easy skillet meal
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 can (14.75 oz) Green Giant™ cream style sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 9 oz plain polenta (from 1-lb package), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-inch cast-iron or ovenproof skillet with cooking spray.
Heat skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, chiles and corn; stir to combine. Stir in cumin; add salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Top with cheese. Arrange polenta slices in even layer on top.
Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Place shortest side of each triangle on rim of skillet over cheese with dough point in center.
Bake 17 to 20 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Carefully remove skillet from oven. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.