- 2 T butter
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, roughly cut and cooked
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 baby red potatoes, diced
- 2 t garlic salt
- 2 T flour
- 1 t poultry seasoning
- 1/2 t freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 C minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 C white wine
- 2 1/4 C chicken stock (not broth)
- 3/4 C half and half
- 1 C frozen peas and carrots, partially cooked
- 1 egg beaten with 1 t water
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 F
2. In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter and olive oil. Add the chicken, onion, potatoes and garlic salt; cook stirring often for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
3. Stir in the flour, pepper, poultry seasoning and thyme. Pour in the wine.
4. Add the chicken stock and half and half; cook until the mixture thickens. Add the peas and carrots.
5. Pour the mixture into a deep dish, 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Place a crust on top of the chicken mixture and crimp it into the sides of the dish. Brush with egg wash and cut three slits in the top crust to release steam.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
Recommend Cream Cheese Crust