- 1 head green cabbage, finely chopped
- 8 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- 2 3-oz packages ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Adapted from redbookmag.com
1. Mix the cabbage and green onions in a large bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, brown the almonds and sesame seeds in the butter.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Just before serving, add the sesame seeds, almonds, and crushed raw ramen noodles to the cabbage and green onions. Pour the dressing, a little at a time, over the salad mix, then toss. Serves 10 to 12.