- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/4 pounds), flattened to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup light rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) sour cream
Adapted from mrfood.com
Place chicken in 7x11-inch glass baking dish in single layer; set aside.
In small bowl, make marinade by combining rum, nutmeg, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, and ginger. Mix well and pour over chicken. Cover chicken and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
Then, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving excess marinade, and saute chicken until cooked through and golden.
Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm. Add mushrooms and reserved marinade to skillet and heat 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add sour cream, stirring to blend.
Cook sauce over low heat 5 to 10 minutes, until slightly thickened. Serve sauce over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg, if desired.