Walnut Pesto Breadsticksw
Makes 24 breadsticks. These make an upscale alternative to dinner rolls are super easy and fun to make.
Great with soup.
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh Basil leaves
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
1. In blender or food processor, place all pesto ingredients. Cover and blend on medium speed about 3 minutes, scrapping sides of bowl occasionally, until smooth.
2, Heat over to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a large cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir together Bisquick and water until soft dough forms.
3. Sprinkle work surface with Bisquick. Place dough on surface; roll to coat. With rolling pin roll into 10 x 8 rectangle. Brush dough with about 1/4 cup of the pesto. Cut dough crosswise into 12 strips, cut each strip in half. Gently twist each strip. Place about 1/2" apart on cookie sheet.
4. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm with extra pesto.
Refrigerate any remaining pesto