Slow cooker Lasagna
- 1 Medium size onion
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 lb ground Turkey/or sausage
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1/4 tbs pepper
- 1 container ricotta
- 1 package (8oz ) Itlain blend shredded cheese
- 12 Lasagna noodles broken in half
- 1 jar (24 oz) chunky tomato sauce
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 300mins
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Stir together onion, garlic , sausage, oregano, salt and pepper, set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
3. In slow cooker bowl, layer about 8 of the uncooked noodle halves, overlapping as necessary, spread half of bothe the ricotta and meat mixture over the noodles ], then top with 1 cup of the tomato sauce and 1/4 cup water. Contiue layering with noodles, meat, ricotta mixture, 2 cups of the suace and and additional 1/4 cup water. Top layers with 8 noodles halves and remaining 1/2 cup tomatoe sauce
4. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or Low for 5 1/2 hours, sprinkle remaining cup shredded cheese on top for last 30 min of cooking time or until melted