- 11 oz of spaghetti, broken in half
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (8 oz)
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 3 cups of milk
- Salt & cayenne pepper
- 8 oz water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 2 cups of chopped and cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons of dry sherry
- 2 cups of parmasian cheese
Boil Spaghetti, put aside
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter, large skillet over medium heat, add garlic, onions and mushrooms until tender set aside.
Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a pan, whisk flour in 2-3 minutes, without browning. Add milk slowly in the pan whisk constantly. Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Add mushroom mix, chestnuts, chicken and sherry. In a 2 quart pan place first layer of spaghetti and put mixture over the spaghetti, sprinkel with cheese. Place second layer of spaghetti in pan place last of mixture on the spaghetti, place cheese on top and sprinkel paprika on top. Bake 30 minutes at 400 degrees.