- ACCOMPANIMENT SUGGESTIONS:
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts toasted, skinned
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- Banana slices
- Crisp thin cookies such as
- lace cookies, sables, or shortbread
- Squares of pound cake
- Fresh coconut pieces
- Orange scented cake or cookies
- Candied orange peel
Process hazelnuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
In the top of a double boiler over simmering water melt chocolates and butter, stirring until smooth and butter is thoroughly incorporated.
In a saucepan heat cream until hot but not boiling. Stir into melted chocolate little by little, stirring until completely incorporated between additions. Stir in hazelnuts and liqueur.
Serve in a fondue pot over a very low flame, with your choice of accompaniments.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings, about 3 1/2 cups fondue.