Chopped Salad with a Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Chopped Salad
- 1 Tbs. dijon mustard 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 1/2 head of red cabbage, diced
- 1/8 tsp. granulated garlic 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- Salt to taste 1/2 tomato chopped seeds out
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
Whisk together the mustard and vinegar. Continue to whisk and slowly add the oil until completely incorporated.
Add in the garlic and season with salt to taste.
Mix all the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Serve on chilled plates and top the salad with crumbled blue cheese.
Garnish with sliced egg or shrimp.