Ranch Chicken Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper , chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (I used bouillon)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (I used a roasted chicken from Albertsons)
- 12 corn tortillas , ripped into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 325°F
In large saucepan, saute the onion and pepper in the butter until tender (about 5 minutes).
Add soups, tomatoes, and broth.
Stir to combine.
Fold in the chicken until well blended.
Lightly grease a 9 x 13" baking dish.
Layer with 1/3 the tortillas, 1/3 the chicken mixture, and 1/3 the cheese.
Repeat layers twice more.
Bake for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
About ten minutes before removing from the oven, sprinkle shredded cheese over the top; replace in oven until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.