- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 T plus 1/4 t instant expresso powder
- 1 lg egg
- 2 t pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 t plus 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 1/4 c confectioners sugar
- 4 t whiskey
- 36 chocolate covered espresso beans
1. position racks in the upper and lower thrids of the oven. preheat to 375. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper . Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and 2 T expresso powder at high speed until fluffy. Beat in the egg, baking powder, vanilla and 1/4 salt at medium speed. kBEat in the flour and 1/2 c confectioners sugar at low speed.
2. Roll the dough into 1" balls and place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Using a glass with a flat bottom, flatten the balls 1/3 " thick. Bake switching and rotating the pans halfway through, until just soft in the center. 12-15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, stir together the remaining 3/4 c confec. sugar 1/4 t expresso powder ,1 pinch of salt and the whiskey. using a pastry brush, coat the hot cookies with the glaze, press a chocolate espresso bean in the center of each cookie, then transfer the cookies to a rack to cool compeletly.