Farmers Market Salad
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1 loaf round focaccia cut 1/2" slices
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound Mesclun greens
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 pint tear drop tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 3/4 cup sprouts
- 1/4 cup Sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Chive flowers for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spread the goat cheese on the foccacia slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the goat cheese croutons on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has begun to melt and the bread is toasted.
In a large bowl. Combine the greens, pine nuts, cheese, tomatoes, chives and sprouts and toss. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil and season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss. Serve with the goat cheese croutons and garnish with the chive flowers.
This recipe yields 8 servings.