Creamy Peanut Butter Pie
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 pound cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 6 cups sweetened heavy cream whipped until thick
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 4 ounces chocolate curls and shavings
- 2 cups chocolate sauce slightly warm
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl combine the crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup of the peanut butter. Mix thoroughly. Press the mixture into a 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake until golden and crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Add the remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter. Beat until smooth. Add the milk and roasted peanuts and beat well. Fold 4 cups of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture and spoon into the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
Remove from the refrigerator and spoon the remaining whipped cream over the entire pie. Slice into individual servings. Garnish with the peanuts, chocolate shavings and chocolate sauce.
This recipe yields 8 servings.