German Chocolate Filling
Fill cupcakes!! For detailed directions:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter (1-1/2 sticks) cut into pats
- 1-12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cups toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 cups toasted flake unsweetened coconut
Adapted from backtoherroots.com
1. Combine yolks, evaporated milk, butter, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted and all ingredients are well-combined. Continue cooking for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in vanilla and salt, and then add coconut and pecans and stir until well combined.
4. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cool throughout.
Cut out area in cupcake and filled, recover and frost with cream cheese frosting!