Southern Oven-Fried Chicken
- 1 1/2 oz uncooked yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 t each ground red pepper and garlic powder
- 3 T buttermilk
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and inced
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned
- 2 t vegetable oil, divided
Preheat oven to 425.
On sheet of waxed paper or a paper plate, combine cornmeal, red pepper, and garlic powder.
In shallow bowl combine buttermilk and jalapeno pepper.
Dip chicken breasts into milk mixture, coating all sides.
Then dip chicken into cornmeal mixture, coating completely.
Use all of the milk and cornmeal mixtures.
Arrange chicken on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Drizzle 1 t oil evenly over each chicken breast.
Bake 25-3- minutes until chicken is tender and golden brown.