Jiffy Taco Bake
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chilies drained
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 can diced drained tomatoes
- if desired: these expand the portions but more meat will also work
- any type of canned beans of your choice drained
- canned corn drained
Adapted from google.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In small mixing bowl make the Jiffy corn muffins which you add 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk. Set aside. In oven proof skillet, brown the meat and onions. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Add the drained tomatoes and drained chilies, mix till dried seasoning mix looks moist. Removed from heat and stir in the shredded cheese. Pour the corn muffin mixture over this. If you think the muffin mix is too dry add a little more milk. Bake in oven for 25 - 30 minutes till corn muffin is tested with a knife inserted in center and the mix is cooked not wet. The skillet will be "HOT" so protect your hands and the surface you place it on. Spoon out mixture into bowls.
Serve with extras: olives, sour cream, green onions etc.