Eggs Baked in Ramekins
Oven baked, in Ramekins makes a nice spring brunch item, simple and quick
- Per Serving:
- 2 Eggs per Ramekin
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices of bacon per serving.. or 1 thin slice of ham or prosciuitto
- 2 T Fontina Cheese , shredded
- 1 t Parmesean Cheese, Fresh grated
- 1 t Minced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 t Minced Pepperoncini's
- 1 t Minced onion
- 1 t fresh Minced Herbs, (I used oregano and chives)
- 1 T Minced Greens, (I used chard..can use spinich, mustard greens etc.)
- 1 t Tobasco or Frank's Hot Sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Pre-cook bacon till cooked but not crispy, drain.
In a bowl whip eggs,
Add rest of ingredients 'cept bacon and whip again.
Spray Ramekin with cooking oil spray
Wrap bacon around inside of ramekin, place leftover in bottom,or line Ramekin with Ham or Proscuitto.
pour Egg mixture int Ramekin
Bake at 375 deg for 15 to 18 min checking to make sure egg has set,
Pop out of Ramekin with rubber spatula and serve