Marinated Flank Steak With Summer Salsa
- SUMMER SALSA:
- 1 flank steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 1/2 cantaloupe diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper minced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup small-diced red bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion large diced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Chopped fresh parsley to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Chopped green onions to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Season the flank steak with oil and Creole seasoning. Marinate for 4 hours, preferably overnight.
In a large bowl, add the cantaloupe, jalapeño, blackberries, red pepper, lemon juice, parsley, cilantro and green onions. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill the flank steak to medium-rare, about 6 minutes per side. Slice the steak on a bias, against the grain.
To serve, fan out a few slices on a plate. Top with summer salsa.
This recipe yields ?? servings.