Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 2 bottles tomato ketchup - (14 oz ea)
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Creole or whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, about 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Pulse 2 or 3 times. Store in a sterilized container until ready to use.
This recipe yields about 1 quart.