These will melt in your mouth. You will want to make a double batch, because they will go fast.
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar + 5 TBSP sifted (1-2/3 double batch)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups sifted plain flour
- 1 cup fine chopped pecans
1. Cream sugar & butter
2. Add vanilla & water
3. Add flour (slowly) & mix well
4. Add pecans & mix well.
5. Put in rerigerator until stifened (1/2 - 1 hour)
6. Shape into small cocoons (whatever shape wanted) & bake
7. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes or until light brown.
8. Roll in sifted powdered sugar while hot & place on wax paper to cool.