- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups low-fat marinara sauce
- 1 cup drained canned whole plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella
- 6 tablespoons grates Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch. baking dish with olive oil spray.
2.Heat a grill or grill pan on high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and spray lightly with olive oil. When grill is hot, grill chicken for about 1 1/2 minutes per side, until just cooked through.
3.Spread nearly half of the marinara sauce over the bottom of the baking dish. Lay chicken on top of sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over chicken and top with chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of basil and the mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
4.Bake chicken for 10 to 12 minutes, until cheese melts. Sprinkle bread crumbs and basil on top.