- 1/2 pound blue cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large heads iceberg lettuce cored, washed, and patted dry
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the blue cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper. Using the back of a fork, mash the mixture together to form a thick paste. Drizzle in the olive oil, stirring continuously with the fork until the mixture is creamy. Add the buttermilk and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Cut the heads of lettuce into 4 wedges each. Spoon about 1 cup of the dressing over each wedge. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 8 servings.