- 2 2/3 cups flaked coconut - (7 oz)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate coarsely chopped
In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut, milk, sugar, almonds, butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Remove from the refrigerator and form into balls about the size of a pecan. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl set over simmering water or in a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Using two toothpicks, dip each ball into the chocolate, covering them evenly.
Place them on the prepared sheet. Using a fork, drizzle the tops of each ball with any remaining chocolate.
Refrigerate until set. Place the bon bons on a serving platter and serve.
This recipe yields 24 bonbons.