Sauteed Spring Vegetables
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup green pepper strips
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/8 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Place the vegetables in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
In a large skillet, saute vegetable mixture in batches for 3-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
For an Asian twist, substitute soy sauce for the balsamic vinegar (less salt will be needed because of the soy sauce). Sprinkle on extra red pepper flakes for a little more heat.