Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
Homemade Chocolate Chips | Carob Chips Recipe
Makes about 3 cups chips / chunks.
- 1 cup cocoa butter, palm shortening, or palm oil
- 1 cup cocoa or carob powder
- 1/4 cup sweetener, as healthy as possible.
- 2 scoops stevia extract powder. This brand is my current favorite. Note: 1 scoop = 1/32 tsp. These spoons will help you measure exactly what you need.
- 1/2 tsp chocolate extract (optional but extra yummy.) I didn’t have this brand in the house, but most likely, Nielsen Massey will be what I purchase next time.
- 1/2 Tbsp granulated instant coffee or coffee substitute (optional, but extra nice)
- 1 t vanilla extract
1. Melt oil over very low heat in a medium pan.
2. Transfer oil to a medium bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. I have used my Bamix immersion blender with great success. You could also put the mixture in a blender, but it will be messier to deal with .
4. Pour mixture into an 8×8 baking pan (other pans will work as well, but your chunks will be thinner or thicker, depending on the size you use.)
5. Chill in fridge or freezer.
6. Use a knife or spatula to break large pieces out of the pan. Chop on cutting board to desired size with a sharp knife.