Maple Granola and Yogurt Parfaits
"If you feel overwhelmed by the transition to eating more real food, just start with breakfast," says Lisa Leake, blogger at 100DaysofRealFood.com, who challenged herself & her family to avoid highly processed food & has never looked back. "Most of us eat the same thing in the morning, so changing this one meal can have a big impact." Follow Leake's lead & carve out time on Sundays to make a week's worth of breakfasts, like these parfaits. Assemble the yogurt & fruit and store the parfaits in individual jars, one for each day of the week, in the refrigerator. Top with granola when you're ready to eat.
- 1.5 c old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c slivered almonds
- 1/4 c EVOO
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1 qt plain yogurt
- 2 lbs mixed berries, fresh or frozen & thawed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from oprah.com
To make granola:
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together granola ingredients & stir to coat.
3. Spread mixture on a rimmed baking sheet & bake until dry & crisp, stirring once, 30-35 minutes. Let cool.
To make parfaits:
1. In each of five 8oz jars, layer 1/2c yogurt, a scoop of berries & another 1/4c yogurt.
2. Cover & store in the refrigerator.
3. Top each parfait with 1/4c granola just before serving.