Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes
This recipe uses Paula Deen’s praline cookie recipe as a starting point.
- Praline Ingredients:
- Yield: 12 cupcakes and 12 cookies
- ◦1/3 cup sugar
- ◦2 tablespoons water
- ◦1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- Cupcake and Cookie Ingredients:
- ◦1 cup unsalted butter
- ◦1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ◦1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ◦2 large eggs
- ◦1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ◦2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ◦1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ◦3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Frosting Ingredients (double if you like a lot of frosting):
- ◦5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ◦1/3 cup brown sugar
- ◦3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ◦1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ◦1 cup all-purpose flour
- ◦Approximately 1/4 cup milk
Adapted from 52kitchenadventures.com
1. In a small saucepan on medium heat, heat sugar and water, stirring constantly.
2. Remove from the heat when the sugar/water mixture begins to boil (about 3 minutes).
3. Stir in toasted pecans and immediately dump the mixture onto a parchment- or Silpat-
lined cookie sheet.
4. Once cooled, if there are any particularly large clumps that have formed, place them in a
plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
5. Set aside.
Cupcake and Cookie Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Melt butter over medium heat in a small skillet or heavy-bottomed pot.
3. Continue to heat the butter, stirring periodically, until it turns brown (10-15 minutes).
The butter will first boil with big bubbles (it’s not done then). Then, the bubbles will get
smaller and the whole thing will look more brown (that’s when it’s done).
4. Remove butter from heat and cool to room temperature.
5. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cooled brown
butter until just combined.
6. Mix in the eggs.
7. Mix in the vanilla, flour, and baking soda.
8. Fold in the chocolate chips and praline.
9. Fill 12 cupcake liners almost to the top with cookie dough.
10. Divide the remaining dough into 12 evenly sized balls and space them out loosely on a
11. Bake cupcakes for 18 minutes or until tops just begin to get dark brown.
12. Bake cookies for 13 minutes or until edges just begin to get dark brown.
1. Melt butter over medium-heat in a small skillet or heavy-bottomed pot.
2. Continue to heat the butter, stirring periodically, until it turns brown (10-15 minutes). The butter will first boil with big bubbles (it’s not done then). Then, the bubbles will get smaller and the whole thing will look more brown (that’s when it’s done).
3. Remove butter from heat and cool to room temperature.
4. Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and all-purpose flour with cooled brown butter.
5. Mix in milk a little bit at a time until frosting is your preferred consistency..
6. Spread or pipe on cooled cupcakes.
7. Top with a cooled cookie.