Bullseye Bbq Sauce
- 1cup1 cup water
- 3/4cup3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2cup1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2/3cup2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3cup1/3 cup dark brow n sugar
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/4teaspoons1 1/4 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- dashdash cayenne pepper
Adapted from topsecretrecipes.com
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat and whisk until smooth.
2. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes or until thick.
3. Cool, then store in a covered container in the refrigerator overnight.
Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Tidbits: Liquid smoke is a flavoring found near the barbecue sauces and marinades. Use hickory-flavored liquid smoke if you have a choice