Crock Pot Cinnamon Bun White Hot Chocolate
This decadent hot chocolate is a crowd pleaser. Not to mention perfect for warming you up from the inside out.
- 1/2 gallon of milk (I used skim, lactose free milk.... any would work though)
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 2 1/4 cups of premium white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- marshmallow fluff, chopped pecans and caramel dip for garnishing
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from crockpotrecipeexchange.com
Pour the milk into a 3 quart crock pot. Add the cinnamon sticks.
Cover and turn to low. Cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. You are infusing the milk with the cinnamon flavor DON'T SKIP THIS STEP!
Remove the cinnamon sticks and add the chocolate chips, brown sugar, vanilla extract and grond cinnamon. Let cook for 30 - 45 minutes covered. When chocolate chips start to melt whisk to incorporate and add the sea salt.
Let cook for an additional 30 minutes covered.
Whisk again and ladle into heatproof mugs and garnish each mug full with a dollop of marshmallow fluff, pecans and drizzled caramel.