Spice Rub Slow-Cooked Chicken
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper or finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 to 6 pound free-range organic chicken, rinsed, and patted dry with paper towels
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
1. Cover the bottom of a slow cooker with the sliced onions.
2. Mix all the spices in a small bowl and using your hands, rub the spice mixture all over the whole chicken.
3. Place the spiced chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. There is no need to add any liquid to the slow cooker-the chicken will cook in its own juices.