- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, diced
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 6 ounces high-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease up a 13x9-inch pan.
Stir butter and chocolate in heavy large saucepan over very low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; whisk in sugars, then eggs, one at a time. Whisk in espresso powder, and vanilla. Stir in flour, salt, and vanilla; blend well. Fold in almonds. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
Bake brownies until puffed and dry-looking and tester inserted into center comes out with some moist batter attached, about 35-40 minutes; cool completely in pan on rack.
To make the ganache, place the white chocolate in a medium bowl. Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan. Pour the cream over the chocolate in the bowl. Let stand 30 seconds, then stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Chill until ganache is thick but still slightly pourable, about 25 minutes.
Pour ganache onto center of brownies; spread to edges. Chill until ganache is set, at least 2 hours.