Mexican Wedding Cookies
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- set aside about 3/4 cup powered sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 32mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Combine flour, pecans, cinnamon and salt, mix well and set aside.
2. Beat Butter and sugars on medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy, add vanilla beat well, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beat on low speed until all ingredients are mixed well.
3. Using a spoon drop dough, 1 inch apart onto floured cookie sheet or baking stone. Bake 12-14 minutes or until
cookies are set but not brown.
While cookies are still warm roll in additional powered sugar to coat. Then cool completely.