Chicken and Rice Casserole
One pot cooking
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 chicken drum sticks
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked minute rice
- 1 box frozen peas and carrots
1. In a large pot, melt butter. Brown Chicken. Remove.
2. Add celery and onions to drippings. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in soup, water, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Add chicken.
3. Simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked. (approx 15 minutes)
4. Remove from heat. Stir in rice and peas and carrots. Let stand, covered until rice is tender. (5-8 minutes)