Don't Peek Chicken Casserole
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom, I use cream of chicken, I don't care for cream of mushroom.
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (from a 2-ounce box)
- 1 soup can cold water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- Paprika for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together rice, soups, soup mix, water, garlic, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press chicken into mixture. Sprinkle with paprika, then cover tightly with aluminum foil.
4. Bake 1-1/4 hours. Do NOT open cover (not even to peek) during baking.