Monkey Bread Muffins
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 4 per serving
- 2 (8 count) cans reduced fat crescent rolls
- 2/3 c sugar free maple syrup (if you use light syrup instead of sugar free just add one point+ to each muffin)
- 1 T light butter
- 2 T cinnamon, separated
- 2 T sugar
Adapted from emilybites.com
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly mist 12 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Separate the crescent rolls and tear or cut each one into three even pieces. Roll each piece between your hands to form a ball of dough. You should end up with 48 dough balls.
3. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon and stir. Roll each dough ball in the mixture until coated. Place four dough balls in each cup of the prepared 12 cup muffin tin.
4. In a separate small bowl, microwave the butter for 30 seconds or until melted. Add the syrup and the remaining tablespoon of cinnamon and stir until combined. Spoon this mixture evenly over the tops of each muffin cup, coating the dough balls with the syrup mixture.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Use a butter knife around the edges to remove from tin. Enjoy!