Egg Salad Sandwiches with Watercress
Per serving: 289 calories; 11 g fat ( 3 g sat , 4 g mono ); 373 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 4 g fiber; 601 mg sodium; 289 mg potassium.
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs, (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons nonfat sour cream, or nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup washed and stemmed watercress
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
1.Scoop out egg yolks. Place 2 yolks in a small bowl and reserve the rest for another use. Chop egg whites and reserve. Mash the yolks with a fork and stir in sour cream (or yogurt), mayonnaise and mustard. Add chopped egg whites and scallions and season with salt and pepper.
2.Arrange watercress on 4 bread slices. Top with the egg salad and cover with the remaining bread slices.