Baked Mozzarella Bites
cooking light magazine
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3- 1 oz. sticks string cheese
- 3 tbsp. egg substitute
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce such as McCutchens
1 Preheat oven to 425
2. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup panko to pan, and cook for 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and place the panko in a shallow dish.
3. Cut mozzarella sticks into 1 inch pieces. Working with one piece at a time, dip cheese to egg substitute; dredge in panko. Place cheese on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 for 3 minutes or until the cheese is softened and thoroughly heated.
4. Pour the marinara sauce into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at high 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring after 30 seconds. Serve with mozzarella pieces.