- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons oil (for pan-frying)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Heat oil in your wok and fry chicken bits in batches until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients. Pour into wok or a large skillet, preferably with a tall rim, and bring to a boil. Add chicken bits back to the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
What we thought:
Kyle actually made this dinner for me! I had a long day, so I printed off the recipe and said, think you can handle this? And he did with flying colors!!
Later he told me that he added twice as much brown sugar as asked for. But it was delicious! So you could do that too if you wanted.